Contact Info / Websites
Keep your sheep coming! The file is already assembled and the music is being done by @ZStriefel
Also, 5 Second Animation Day is happening @Titmouse!
Sleep is for the weak. See you all Tuesday!!
Hey guys! I apologize to the sheep collab people for keeping them in the dark for so long. School keeps me with a tight schedule, but that is still no excuse. The sheep collab is still real and still happening. I got a lot of amazing pieces! I am incredibly grateful for your enthusiasm, it nurtures me like a life support machine.
In other, but somewhat related news, I am now an intern at Titmouse in NY!
The way that it relates to the sheep, is that even though I received many great sheep, I would love for there to be more. That's right, Im not satisfied! I want more! I want it all! So here between us, I hope to recruit some bad-ass animators for our sheeply cause. Shh!
SHEEP COLLAB IS STILL HAPPENING HERE
Send your sheep jumping my way.
Updated post on the collab: There's a lot of people coming up with their sheep! Sjiht, for example, is keeping updates on his progress in his userpage!
DEADLINE: November 2nd
Here's the BBS thread ----> JOIN!
Gist of it: We make our own sheep jumping the fence, and put them all together in a video with music, or a game, or an app. We will have the most beautiful compilation of sheeps on the internet. The viewer's role is obviously to count them until they get sleepy. Our role is to animate them until we DIE.
Seriously though, this is a great chance to freshen up your animation skills: walking cycles, anticipation, all that jazz, and to have fun!
RULES & RECCOMENDATIONS
- Make a sheep, or a something in sheep costume, or something that resembles a sheep, and creatively move it from one side of the provided stage to the other.
- the (provided) background, you can download it down here in RESOURCES.
- If you use a program other than flash (you are more than welcome to do so) just export the animation of the sheep itself, without the provided stage/background, with a transparent background. Screen ratio is 16:9, framerate is 24fps.
- UPLOAD the .fla file to Dumping Grounds (give it a name like "YourUsername_Sheep.FLA") and send it over PM to me!
- Gravity points down.
- Sheep can come in more than one piece, and in solid, liquid and gaseous forms.
- Sheep can be bipedal.
- No change of shots or zoom in or any camera movements. You can add something like a thought bubble or a tooltip (like Smash Bros) if you want to show off-screen characters or dreams or whatever sheep have going on in their minds.
- If you use props (like a wheelchair) clean up after yourself! Take them off the stage one way or another, or talk to a friend and they can take them out of the stage in their piece :)
- Name your elements "USERNAME_nameofthing" and put them inside a folder in the flash library.
- SOUND isnt necessary; if there is none in your animation, it will be dealt with in a later date. BUT if you can throw in a cool jumping and landing sound, it would definitely spice things up.
4-leg walk cycle reference.
CS4 version of the stage/background.
In case you dont have Flash, here's the image of the stage/background.
For inspiration/reference, here's a sheep I did. I'll figure out a way to clean up. Promise.
Let your creative juices flow!
So the redesign is here now. I'll get my ass up and do something now :) it's quite pretty.
That is all. I'll go back to my slumber while I wait for the redesign to come.
Its super simple stuff, some dumb lines related to recycling and saving the planet and stuff like that. If you have a persuasive, ad-like voice and (more importantly) a good mic, let me know! Its for some contest. HERE ARE THE (written just now) LINES OMG:
Our planet is always staying clean. Everything that it contains, no matter what, gets recycled. Wouldnt it be great if we could do as good as our planet does? we can! walk instead of driving! print on both sides of the paper! save water! reuse ink cartridges! plant a tree or something! - recycle!
I hope you get where I'm going with this. I'm not looking for anything super specific so give it a shot! PM ME or comment... and then PM or something. Let me know if you're interested or if you have a demo wherever or if you gave it a shot and have the file or anything :D PM PM PM
My friend and I are in desperate need of some sexy robot sounds for our game. Sounds like jump, double jump and a funky walking robotic spider sound, I know you get the idea perfectly. any suggestions? :D
After all the things that happened this last weekend I felt super motivated to write this post. It was aaaaaaall overwhelming.
I first arrived to NY and walked hours and hours in Manhattan before taking a bus to philly, to go to Pico day. I'm a huge geek of all things urban and dense so being there was great. I mean yea, I had seen the city in movies and games (IT WAS LIKE BEING IN GTA FOUR LOLOL) but I wasn't expecting it to be so intense, the buzz, feeling like an ant, the people, the architecture, too much for this hillbilly Mexican kid to process. I wouldn't say I totally loved it, but it was very interesting.
Of course, PICO DAY. It was a fucking blast. I loved the mini tacos with cream Bob had. Man... those taquitos were amazing. Also, Crystal Castles, have you guys heard of that shit? hottest arcade game of the millenium. Seriously tho it was a lot of fun. Crystal Castles I mean, not DP.
But my main point. It was crazy to meet all these people I had known of virtually for years, people i had seen grow as artists and internet starz. It was very inspiring to see everyone there together. I had a really good time hanging out and bla bla I LOVE YOU GUYS, STAY SEXY, I LOVE YOU ALL FOR REAL BUT NO HOMO.
Now I'm back. It sucks it's all over and I have to return to my potentially exciting but nevertheless dull life here in SF. I guess I'll just have to wait for some NG CALI MEETUP RIGHT LUIS WINK?
I hope to be at the next Pico day and see all these guys again, and new faces too ;3 Til Judgement Day fellas I BET SOMETHING COOL WILL HAPPEN WINK WINK COUGH CAPS
Alarmist statement - TSUNAMI HITTING WEST COAST OF US AT 8 AM. LORD HAVE MERCY ON US.
Also, new icon and image. I'm redesign-ready now.
I dreamed of the redesign yesterday. For real. And I'm very certain that it was more than just a dream; It was a vision, a glimpse of things to come given to me by God himself. Rest assured that it's going to be amazing, friends. I don't remember it very well, and i couldn't see more than the frontpage... I just remember i was fucking FLABBERGASTED by it. GOOD STUFF I TELL YOU.
No it was pretty cool tho, I think it had drop down lists at the header, the borders and boxes were a bit lighter and prettier.